- Moonpig is one of the first retailers taking advantage of Royal Mail’s recently launched Sunday delivery service.
- Father’s Day was the first special occasion that Royal Mail delivered gifts and cards* on a Sunday for Moonpig, brightening the day for around 60,000 Dads across the nation.
Royal Mail has been appointed by Moonpig, a UK online greeting card and gifting platform, to deliver packages across the UK on a Sunday. This partnership now means that Moonpig can offer its customers higher levels of convenience when ordering from them.
The introduction of a commercial, seven-day parcel delivery capability for major retail customers is one of the key ways Royal Mail is responding to the growth in parcel volumes as more and more consumers shop online and want to receive their purchases as quickly as possible after placing their orders.
On Father’s Day this year, 60,000 gifts and cards (via Royal Mail’s Tracked 24® service for parcels) were delivered as a special occasion. The Sunday parcel delivery is now available for customers every week, with additional plans for Moonpig to make cards* part of the regular Sunday delivery offering in the near future as well.
“We have an intelligent operations network that enables us to have the best range and the latest cut off times for next day delivery of personalized cards and gifts anywhere in the market. We continue to work incredibly hard and keep innovating with our partners like Royal Mail to provide an exceptional service to our customers. This was a significant milestone to allow our customers to send cards and gifts for the first time that arrived on Father’s Day itself, making the day even more special for Dads.” – said Tony Bannister, Shipping Director at Moonpig.
“We’ve had a record breaking Father’s Day this year, with well over a million Dads receiving a card or gift from Moonpig. The response on social media has been overwhelmingly positive, with smiling faces and happy families all around the country.”
Nick Landon, Chief Commercial Officer at Royal Mail said: “We have been delivering for Moonpig for many years and have now extended our partnership to a seven-day service. We always listen to our customers and Sunday delivery has been one of the services they have been asking for. The UK already trusts us to deliver their purchases six days a week both quickly and conveniently. Now our posties are doing the same thing seven days a week.”
Royal Mail has been delivering cards for Moonpig since the company’s foundation in 2000, and the companies also announced a new, expanded contract last year that covers the majority of gift deliveries as well.
Moonpig and Royal Mail now offer best in class cut off times for delivery for next day delivery of gifts and cards within the UK:
- Tracked 24 ® service on all gift orders as standard (9pm customer cut off order time Monday to Friday, 4pm customer cut of order time Saturday to Sunday)
- Tracked 24 ® service on card orders (9PM customer cut off order time for next day delivery, Monday to Friday and Sunday)
- Standard first class orders (7PM customer cut off for next day delivery Monday to Friday and 12PM (Midday) on Saturdays)
*via Royal Mail’s Tracked 24® parcel delivery service