- Avon announces launch of enhanced Avon On app designed to digitally-enable millions of Representatives
- The relationship selling company also launches new Representative loyalty programme, Avon Rewards
- Avon and Avon Foundation pledge further $1.35m for women’s causes
- Avon digitally recreates iconic posters to celebrate 135 years of championing beauty as it looks to the next century and beyond
To celebrate 135 years of championing women and beauty, Avon is doubling down on its pledge to help women step into their power and transform their lives for the better. The beauty pioneer has announced a number of enhancements to its relationship selling model including new features for Avon On, the digital platform that enables Representatives to sell online, and a new compensation model, Avon Rewards. It is also using its 135th anniversary to pledge a landmark $1.35m to women’s causes around the world, adding to the $1.1bn raised and donated by Avon and the Avon Foundation over the years.
Creating the beauty bosses of the future
Avon continues to adapt its business model to evolve with the times. An improved mobile user experience means Representatives can now easily connect with their customers, sell, manage their orders and access training via the app. The famous Avon Brochure is also fully digital, with Representatives able to provide personalised links to the brochure for their customers.
To encourage more entrepreneurship, Avon is also revamping its Representative earnings model in key markets, reducing the threshold to earn from the first sale of any product. Designed with Avon Representatives, the new earnings model provides a more personalised approach to meet their needs, whether they’re brand new to Avon and require greater support, more established and wanting to grow, or a sales leader looking to inspire their team.
Creating a better world for women
To mark its 135 years milestone, Avon and the Avon Foundation will award $1.35m in grants for projects which deliver on the brand’s mission to create a better world for women, which is a better world for all. This extends Avon’s existing purpose pledge of $1 for every My Story Matters story shared, a globally gallery where women are encouraged to share their experiences and celebrate their achievements. To date, Avon and the Avon Foundation have donated over $1.1bn to causes that matter most to women such as gender-based violence and raising awareness of breast cancer.
Iconic Avon posters reimagined
As an additional celebration of its rich 135-year history of championing women, Avon has enlisted British illustrator, Bett Norris, to reimagine a series of its iconic posters, showcasing a variety of people who have embodied and built the company throughout its history. Taking a selection of advertising assets from Avon’s illustrious archive, Bett has given the visuals a modern twist, reimaging the protagonists and products through a 2021 lens.
Just getting started
As a pioneer in democratising beauty with innovative, high-quality products that are accessible and affordable, Avon continues to demonstrate its success as it approaches its 135th birthday. Avon International posted a strong Q2 net revenue growth of 33.6% in BRL in its recent financials, making market share gains in key categories and countries. Online sales are also now at 2.7 times their pre-pandemic level. The company also has a number of innovative product launches such as ANEW Protinol Power Serum, Power Stay Lip Stain and Far Away Beyond.
Angela Cretu, CEO of Avon, comments: “Since 1886, we’ve done beauty differently and gone from one pioneering businesswoman to five million Representatives working, learning and earning in their own way and on their own terms. We’re just getting started, though, and we’ll continue to champion women for another 135 years and more. As we enter the truly digital age, we are committed to doing good with our people, purpose and product, and encourage all our Representatives and Associates, both established and new, to grow with us.”
Celebrating 135 years of progress and achievement
Over its 135-year history, Avon has many proud and impressive achievements, including:
- Avon products have won more than 300 awards over the last three years and the brand sells three lipsticks every second
- Avon sells seven bottles of fragrance every second – more than any other brand
- 70% of Avon’s scientists are women
- Together with our customers and Reps Avon has donated over $1bn to the causes that matter most to women
- Avon has donated $10m to charities across the world every year for the past decade
- Avon has funded over 16.4 million breast screenings and helped 14 million women through domestic violence
- The beauty brand has funded more than $9.3m worth of educational scholarships